- WHO WE ARE
We are a non-governmental organization that focuses on youth and community development programmes/activities for the overall purpose of enhancing the development of our society. It was founded in 2011 but was incorporated as the Global Organization for Youth Enlightenment and Development with the Corporate Affairs commission (CAC) Abuja, on the 24th of July, 2012.
As a youth based organization, it was also registered under the youth department of the Anambra State Ministry of Youth and Entrepreneurship Development on the 17th of January, 2013 with registration number MYS/YD/238.
In 2014, GOYED became an affiliated member of the Association of Non-bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (ANMFIN), which was a strategic step taken by the organization to reposition its structure as an NGO/MFI (non-governmental organization microfinance institution) and as such mobilizes resources to drive the quest for sustainable leadership and economic growth in the society.
We have a functional governance structure composed of reputable board members headed by a board chairman, and a management structure headed by the president who is a seasoned administrator.
To build a truly developed and enhanced society; making the world better and safer for us, our children and future generations to come.
To enlighten and develop youths, and streamline their resources (energy, time, intellectual etc.) towards enhancing community/societal development. We believe that enhancing the development of young people will enhance the growth and sustainable development of the nation.
…. integrating the society ….
We believe that by pooling and utilizing youthful resources, we can serve as an integrative unit to integrate various sectors of the society and thereby serve as a catalyst to societal and national development.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To study, discover, proffer solutions and participate in solving contemporary problems of the society.
- To empower youths with education, leadership and life survival skills, good societal and moral values.
- To engage youths in solving societal problems, and in national development processes.
- To improve the economic situation of young people and other members of our communities by rendering adequate financial services.
- To serve as a catalyst for community/societal growth, agricultural development and industrialization.
- To help integrate academic and non-academic sectors of the society for the purpose of agricultural development, industrialization, community growth and national development.
- WHAT WE DO
At GOYED, we run programs that facilitate our vision and mission statements. We focus on activities that can help young people unlock and achieve their vision and go on to impact their communities positively.
We are achieving our vision, mission, goals and objectives through the following programs:
- The Youth Enlightenment and Development society (YEDS) Program
In line with its mission to facilitate youth and societal development, GOYED created the YEDS Program as a platform to engage students in national development processes (in school youths).
GOYED believes that for change and development and to be effective, both must reach the grassroots of the society. At GOYED, one of our societal theory postulates that “for any intellectually driven society, the functional grassroots are its students”. This theory is behind the creation of YEDS as a tool to effect positive change and development within the Nigerian student communities.
The YEDS has a club component and a project component. The YEDS club has been conditionally approved by the state Ministry of Education via the Post Primary Schools Service Commission (P.P.S.S.C), Awka for secondary schools in Anambra state.
- The GOYED Youth Empowerment Scheme (GYES)
This is a program with the major goal of reducing youth unemployment and underemployment. It’s a combination of various training (entrepreneurship, leadership and skills acquisition) and financial programs.
- The GOYED Financial Thrift (GFT) Microfinance Program
We run a financial program called the GOYED Financial Thrift, in which active small income earners, especially micro, small scaled business owners, women and youths can access a range of financial services including micro-savings, micro-loans, micro-insurance and other business development services which are tools for economic development.
Beneficiaries will learn how micro savings can turn to become a sea of funds that can enable them start up and grow their ideal businesses or companies. They will also learn how to access funds and indeed access funds to boost their business activities.
- GOYED Community Development Conference
We organize the GOYED Community Development Conference which is an annual event, and a platform to create quality awareness about various community development stakeholders and their community development initiatives. It is also the aim of the conference to create a unique community development network where community development stakeholders can come together and integrate their community development initiatives to ensure a far wider impact in the society.
- Training Programs and Career Services
We offer the following training programs and career services
- Leadership Training Program
Today we all know that technology driven by creativity and innovation is the driving force of the 21st century. However, it is Leadership that drives change and embeds aspects such as creativity and innovation to achieve sustainable success. Our leadership training program opens the mindset of our beneficiaries and helps them unlock their real self. Beneficiaries will acquire leadership tools which will enable them mobilize resources and go ahead to become leaders in their chosen career. The impact of this training goes beyond career success of beneficiaries but also impacts the society at large since beneficiaries will be empowered to initiate and implement meaningful changes in their communities.
- Skill Acquisition
Through our partnership with the School Of Creative Hands, we offer skill acquisition programs which equip our beneficiaries with a range of real life surviving skills that are demanded by industries, institutions and businesses there by making them self-employable. Below are some components of our skill acquisition progr am
- Bead making and wire work
- Cake world: knowing how to bake different types of cakes such as pineapple upside down cake, fotless sponge cake, rock cake, coffee cake, loaf cake, ice cream cake, tan-finger, red velvet cake, moche butter cake, carrot/lemon cake, orange cake and many more.
- cake decoration
- wedding cake project
- sugar craft lesson
- moldings of human being
iii. Pastry: such as meat bread, chicken pie, chicken poff, corn beef pastry, Cornish pie, fiesta, super roll, jumbo roll, beef burger, chicken burger, fried pozza, potato fritters, milk chicken, pizza puff, doughnuts, chicken sitout, club sandwiches, shawarma etc.
- Saloon management: braiding, twisting, weavon on expert, nail studio, massage, pedicure/manicure, bridals hair, eye lash extension.
- Makeover: day/night make up, fashion make up, bridal make up, gele, eye brow grooming, skincare etc.
- Event/venue decoration lesson
vii. I.C.T. programmes
viii. Craft bag and shoe making
- Cosmetology: such as hair relaxers, hair treatment cream, body cream, dissolver and remover, fruit bath, cell, original perfume, body-spray, nail polish, wet lop, hair conditioner, close up, pink oil, shampoo, air freshener, car wash, Vaseline, dettol/izal, rat killer, insecticide etc.
- Entrepreneurship Program
This program assists beneficiaries in developing great ideas into great companies. Students will learn how to create good business ideas and successfully transform these ideas into a start-up company and in the process learn the virtue of starting small and the grace of growing big.
- Coaching And Mentoring
We offer both executive coaching and peer induced coaching sessions which help identify individual’s weaknesses and convert them to strengths which they can leverage upon to grow higher in their career. Beneficiaries (both students and staff) will be able to build a healthy working environment where creativity and good relationship thrives, thereby facilitating success and sustainable growth in your institution.
- Motivational Talks
We run motivational sessions in which our specialists inspire beneficiaries to dig into the recesses of their potentials to pull out all that is required to perform excellently. We motivate your students and employees to give their best.
- WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED
Over the past 4 years we have built a name in youth management and development which is fuelled by our inextinguishable passion for youth and societal development.
Under the YEDS Program we have initiated and implemented high impact projects that have enhanced the lives of students. We have created the YEDS club (since 2013) and the Senior Prefects’ Forum (2016). Through these projects, we have engaged over 1000 secondary school students in national development processes by creating awareness, sensitization, skills acquisition and leadership training programs for the students.
Under the GOYED Financial Thrift Program, we have provided quality financial services to hundreds of under-banked women and youths by promoting savings culture amongst them and granting them several micro loans to help them grow their businesses and improve their economic activities.
Through our Community Development and Empowerment Programs, we have empowered various communities with education, tools and resources necessary for survival. Notably, we have convened a Community Development Conference (in 2016) where we connected community development stakeholders together and created awareness for the need to integrate community development initiatives for more positive impacts. We have conducted free health care workshops, free medical check-ups, dispensed free drugs and distributed free textbooks for students in communities in Onitsha North and Idemili South L.G.As.
Through our Training Programs, we are actively engaging young people, institutions and companies in quality training services that keep them competitive and innovative in the 21st century work place.
- WHAT WE LOOK FORWARD TO ACHIEVE
In the next 5 years, we look forward to
- Engage over 10,000 Nigeria Students (spread over public & private schools) and Youths in various self & national development processes including leadership, skill acquisition, entrepreneurship and microfinance activities. It is our goal to help build a holistic mind in which every person can find a sustainable pathway to become self sufficient.
- Engage community development stakeholders into formidable partnerships that will enhance community ownership and sustainability to community projects.
- Help reduce extreme hunger and poverty through our Food Security Programs and our Holistic Empowerment approach.
- OUR PARTNERSHIPS/COLLABORATIONS
We realize that alone we can take off, but together as a team we can go far, hence we are committed to entering into strategic partnership with institutions in areas of mutual interest, especially in areas of youth and community development.
- OUR PARTNERS/COLLABORATION
We are already in partnership with the following institution.
In the area of Training and Empowerment
- University of Nigeria Nsukka Center for Entrepreneurship and Development Research (UNN-CEDR)
- Anambra Ministry of Youth Entrepreneurship and Sports Development (Formerly Ministry of Youths and Sports)
- School of Creative Hands (SOCH), Onitsha
In the area of Microfinance
- Association of Non-Bank Micro Finance Institutions of Nigeria (ANMFIN)
And by virtue of our affiliated membership of ANMFIN;
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Rural Finance Linkage Program (RUFIN)
- BUILDING MORE PARTNERSHIPS
We are driven to help nurture and project the ideal vision of young people, and help bring about sustainable development of our communities. We are open to partnership with institutions that work with, or are associated with young people and community development activities.